«BORTSCH», POLISH BEETROOT SOUP
Wednesday, December the 12th, 2018
On the occasion of our Slavic collection we take you on a gastronomical journey.
Generous and colorful gourmet food, our attention was directed to the «Borsch».
Typically Slavic, this royal red beetroot soup will warm you up in this wintry weather.
In order to stay in the theme, we advise you to dress your tables from our riviera collection with our tablecloth and napkins in royal and nude tones.
To sublimate your dish, you can serve it in our black maasai and reef bowls.
Preparation of the recipe :
1. Peel beets and potatoes and cut into pieces. Slice the white leek.
2. Heat the oil in a pan and cook the leek until soft with caraway (keep some caraway for decoration).
3. Add the pieces of potatoes, beetroots and crumbled broth, cover with water, salt, pepper and bring to a boil.
4. Bake 20 minutes and mix by incorporating the cream. Pour velvety into bowls or cups, sprinkle with remaining cumin and dill, and serve.
Serve with croutons to add a crisp touch.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
• Cooked beets: 500 g
• Meaty potato: 2
• White leek: 1
• Poultry stock tablet: 1
• Cumin seeds: 1 tbsp. coffee
• Dill sprig: 4
• Cream: 2 tbsp. soup
• Oil fillet: 1